Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Southern Rock: Evidence for Creation


I was watching my friend John play bass guitar.

Sometimes I indulge hubristic fantasies in which I, like Columbo solving a crime, convert atheists, evolutionists, and democrats to my perspective. I had such a fantasy while watching John play.

John is a world-class musician specializing in southern-classic (aka real) rock and roll. John’s fingers fly across his guitar faster than I can see. John’s playing is a rock and roll problem for the Theory of Evolution.

As I watched John play, I imagined having a conversation with a hard-core evolutionist. I ask "Mr. Evolutionist, can you believe how well John plays bass?" He answers dreamily, "its amazing!" I ask, “do you really believe that his gift, in all its incomprehensible cognitive complexity, and the emotions, memories, and urge to dance it triggers in us, traces all the way back to the primordial soup in an unbroken chain of gradual change and natural selection?”

In my imagination my friend confesses, “not really.”

I believe John’s gift has a Giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment