Saturday, January 14, 2012

Early registration discount. Extended indefinately!

Dear School Administrator,

Thanks for writing. Great question.

First, because I do not know how you came to find out about my book, let me extend to you an offer I've made to other school administrators. That's to send you a full pdf copy of Psychology: A Christian Perspective, High School Edition so you can know if its a good fit for your students.

I used Scripture verses in the text for emphasis and illustration, and I used them infrequently. The verses I checked from Chapter 1 and 2 were KJV, but I'm not certain that they all are. I study using The Guideposts Parallel Bible that I found at a thrift store. It has the KJV, NIV, and RSV side by side, so I wouldn't be surprised if some verses are from those translations.

My objective was to write a text that would be useful to all Christian students. To do so I described "a Christian worldview" in terms of few components (God, the Nature of Mankind, Epistemology, and the causes of and cures for mental pain and suffering). Doing so allowed me to contrast a Christian perspective and the humanistic, evolutionary naturalism characteristic of Psych 101 at State U. I hope you like the book.

Write again if you have other questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment