Thursday, February 2, 2017

My prayer is that students are ready for the likes of Dr. Weber.



About 10 years ago, when I published the first edition of Homeschool Psych: Preparing Christian Homeschool Students for Psych 101, it was hard to get people to read it. When they did, they said, “great!” “much needed” “valuable resource”.

As an independent publisher, it was hard getting the word out. But gradually, via word of mouth, referrals, and recommendations, the word spread. Today thousands of Christian students use my books to do two things. #1 Introduce themselves to the study of God’s grandest creation – the human mind. #2 Expose themselves to the worldview assumptions underlying modern psychology’s major theories and school-of-thought.

Though I think that every Christian high school student should take a psychology class, many do not. That’s why I wrote, It’s Not That Simple Natty Rose. Fresh out of homeschool, my heroine comes face-to-face with psychology professor Dr. Ernst Weber. Dr. Weber is a composite of evolutionary naturalist psychology professors found on campus across the country. He ridicules Natty Rose’s worldview as naïve, immature, and silly. He’s not a nice guy.

My prayer is that students are ready for the likes of Dr. Weber.

No comments:

Post a Comment